Armstrong unveils improved Astro 2 Hot Water Recirculation pumps
Armstrong Fluid Technology has introduced new versions of its popular Astro 2 Hot Water Recirculation pumps. A hot water recirculation system can save a typical family over 12,000 gallons of water per year by eliminating the waste of water that occurs when occupants open a hot water faucet and have to wait for hot water to reach the fixture.
Astro 2 HWR circulators are suitable for use in a three-pipe installation with a dedicated return. The Astro Express 2 System includes the innovative Astro Express LF Valve and is designed for use in a standard residential two-pipe installation.
Key enhancements offered in the new version of Astro 2 circulators include:
- Larger, easier-to-service electrical enclosure includes an integrated timer assembly.
- Timer Accessory Kit that can be used to upgrade earlier version Astro 2 circulators.
- New Timer Accessory Kit that can be used to upgrade new generation Astro 2 circulators.
- Easier field assembly of timers reduces installation time.
- Industry-leading five year warranty.
Astro 2 HWR circulators are available in both stainless steel and bronze versions, with either NPSM Union or “sweat” connections.