ASHRAE Recognizes Members for Outstanding Industry and Society Achievements
Fifty-five people were recognized for their contributions to ASHRAE and the industry at the Society’s 2017 Winter Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Fellow ASHRAE is a membership grade that recognizes members who have attained distinction and made substantial contributions in HVAC&R such as education, research, engineering design and consultation, publications and mentoring. The Society elevated 22 members to the grade of Fellow:
- Charles S. Barnaby, Life Member, BEMP, a building software developer, Moultonborough, New Hampshire.
- Charlene Warres Bayer, Ph.D., chairman and chief science officer, Hygieia Sciences LLC., Atlanta, Georgia.
- Michel Bernier, Ph.D., P.E., a professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnique Montreal, Quebec.
- James J. Bushnell, Life Member, owner, HVAC Consulting Services, Solana Beach, California
- Thomas D. Colvin, P.E., Life Member, senior consultant, Colvin Engineering Associates Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah.
- John F. Dunlap, P.E., BEAP, BEMP, CPMP, HBDP, HFDP, president, Dunlap & Partners Engineers, Richmond, Virginia.
- Steven J. Emmerich, group leader, Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation Group, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Krishnan Gowri, Ph.D., principal engineer, Generative Design Group, Autodesk, Inc., San Francisco, California.
- John L. Harrod, P.E., Life Member, HFDP, Edmond, Okla.
- Eliseo Huergo, Ing., Life Member, president, Termair S.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Julia Keen, Ph.D., P.E., BEAP, HBDP, professor, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas.
- Thomas M. Lawrence, Ph.D., P.E., coordinator, Mechanical Engineering Program, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia.
- Zoltan Magyar, Ph.D., head of the Department of Building Energetics and Building Service Engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Budapest, Hungary.
- David R. Olson, P.E., vice president, PCD Engineering Services Inc., Longmont, Colo.
- Richard L. Pavlak, P.E. president, Heapy Engineering, Dayton, Ohio.
- Michael Rosenberg, senior research scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington.
- Timothy A. Shedd, Ph.D., CEO and CTO, Ebullient Inc., Madison, Wisonsin
- Carey J. Simonson, Ph.D., P.E., professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Robert L. Towell, P.E., commissioning program manager and vice president, CxE Group LLC., Edwardsville, Illinois.
- Phillip M. Trafton, Life Member, principal, Donald F. Dickerson Associates, Tarzana, California.
- R. Vijayakumar, Ph.D., consultant in chief/founder, Aerfil LLC., Liverpool, New York.
- Fu-Jen Wang, Ph.D., P.E., professor, Department of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Energy Engineering, National Chin-Yi University of Technology, Taichung City, Taiwan.
For a complete list of award winners from the 2017 Winter Conference, visit Ashrae’s Website.