ASPE’s Green Plumbing Design certificate program coming to Maryland, Illinois in early 2016
The Green Plumbing Design certificate program, sponsored by the American Society of Plumbing Engineers and the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials, is for engineers and designers with advanced skills in sustainable plumbing system design and consulting. Available only for engineers and designers who hold either the Certified in Plumbing Design certification or a Professional Engineer license, the GPD certificate denotes professionals with a high level of experience and training in sustainable practices. The GPD designation signifies professionals who are dedicated to ensuring the efficient use of our precious water resources via water-conserving plumbing system designs for commercial and residential applications.
The next GPD workshops will be held:
- Jan.18-19, 2016 in the Baltimore, Md. area
- Feb. 22-23, 2016 in Rosemont, Ill. (ASPE's headquarters)
This special workshop has been designed for those who are interested in gaining knowledge in performing green plumbing design work, to design systems that conserve and protect water supplies and reduce energy consumption in the delivery and use of water. This two-day workshop will cover:
- Water conservation measures
- Developing and advising on residential plumbing conservation measures
- Identifying and advising on efficient solar heated water design and installation
- Developing water efficient technology measures
- Preparing for a domestic plumbing inspection report
- Undertaking a commercial or residential plumbing inspection report
- Performing calculations
- Developing product knowledge and recommendations will be held.
Register early. This workshop is limited to 18 people. At the end of the workshop, each participant will be able to partake in a 50-question exam. This exam has been designed to test the participant’s knowledge of the information that was presented during the workshop. Registrants must be a CPD or PE to qualify for the exam.
Full details here. The cost of the seminar is $385 for ASPE/IAPMO member and $450 for nonmembers. ASPE/IAPMO members can register here and nonmembers can register here for the Maryland dates. ASPE/IAPMO members can register here and nonmembers can register here for the Illinois dates.