ASPE announces 2016–2018 board of directors
The American Society of Plumbing Engineers is pleased to announce that the following individuals were elected by Chapter Delegates to serve the Society on the 2016–2018 Board of Directors:
- President: Mitch Clemente, CPD, FASPE
- Vice President, Technical: David DeBord, CPD, GPD, LEED AP BD+C, ARCSA AP, CFPS, FASPE
- Vice President, Education: Chris Graham, CPD, FASPE
- Vice President, Legislative: Carol Johnson, CPD, LEED AP, CFI
- Vice President, Membership: Vincent Falkowski, PE, PMP, CCM
- Vice President, Affiliate: Vincent Scriboni
- Treasurer: James Zebrowski, PE, CPD, FASPE
- Region 1 Director: Rui Paul Silvestre, FASPE
- Region 2 Director: Keith Bush, CPD, GPD, CSI
- Region 3 Director: Steve E. Mastley, CPD, FASPE
- Region 4 Director: Don Strickland, CPD, GPD
- Region 5 Director: Bryan Hutton
In addition, Blair Minyard, PE, was appointed the ASPE Young Professionals (AYP) Liaison to the Board.
According to President Clemente, one of the major goals during the next two years is to create an ASPE Education Foundation to develop new technical programs that will enhance the knowledge of plumbing engineers on a global basis. The Education Foundation will include a research component to continue ASPE's mission of advancing the science of plumbing engineering.
The Board also plans to work more closely with other organizations with which ASPE has signed memorandums of understanding to further enhance those relationships, which will benefit our members and the plumbing industry at large.
Finally, Clemente wants to continue enhancing the benefits of membership. "This is an ongoing challenge because our members' needs are evolving, and we need to be in tune with what they are looking for," he says. "This Society needs to support our members and provide them with the tools they need to be the best in their profession."
ASPE's 2016–2018 Board of Directors will be working closely with the ASPE Staff to fulfill these goals and embark on other opportunities that arise in the next two years thanks to the Society's continued outreach on an international level. "I am excited to start working with our new Board Members to take ASPE to the next level," says William "Billy" Smith, FASPE, ASPE's Executive Director/CEO. "I know they have many good ideas that we can implement relative to our members' professional growth as well as our mission to protect the public's health and safety through the delivery of safe and reliable drinking water and sanitation systems."